Choosing the perfect jewels to adorn your bridal look can be tough. Should you stay classic with pearls or go with diamonds? Should you try a vintage style or shoot for a modern look? There are endless options when it comes to wedding day jewelry and I’ve got a few tips to help you out.
- Take direction from your dress. You want your wedding day jewelry to go with your gown so use it for inspiration. If your dress is more vintage looking, you might want to stick with pieces that have a similar vintage feel. If your gown is modern, go with sleek jewelry with clean lines.
- Be sentimental. Your wedding jewelry is a perfect area to get your something old or something borrowed. Does your grandma have a beautiful piece of jewelry you love? See if she’ll let you wear it. Chances are she will be honored and thrilled.
- Don’t spend a lot of money. Yes, it’s your wedding day but don’t feel like you have to spend tons of money when it comes to your jewelry. There are plenty of costume jewelry pieces out there that look absolutely stunning and won’t break the bank. Trust me, you won’t be able to tell the difference in pictures.
- Shop around. Look at a few places before deciding which pieces to go with. Department stores are a great place to look for pretty costume jewelry. My wedding jewelry came from Anthropologie and J. Crew, so you never know where you’ll find it!
- Be yourself. If you don’t normally wear jewelry, keep your look understated and simple. You don’t need to throw on a statement necklace if it’s not you. Stick to what makes you feel both comfortable and beautiful!
Original Article: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/04/21/4855668/wedding-jewelry-101.html